Able's Work, Able's Photography
All of the woodwork, all of the carpentry, the design, the material estimates and selection, the electrical and plumbing pre-work and fixture installation, the painting, wood finishing and appliance installation (including new refrigerator, stove, built-in microwave, trash compactor, dish washer and garbage disposal) were done by Able alone on this beautiful kitchen rebuild and remodle. Closets and pantry were removed, and central wall moved out several feet to enlarge a "too small" kitchen adjacent to a great room in a house with ceilings that started at the exterior wall and followed the rafters, climbing to 17' at the ridge. All that demolition, reconstruction, rewiring, replumbing etc. was performed by Able only, with the occupants still living in the house. Able also performed the duties of the "general contractor", employing the only two sub-contractors which were the tile men for the floor and countertops, and the drywall finishers that finished the newly dropped in ceiling drywall only.
Backing up a little through the project gives an idea of the complexity of the processes, but, with the time and the knowledge, it is encouraging to note what one craftsperson can achieve on their own, with a garage-sized shop and some very ordinary tools.

One of the most extraordinary of ordinary woodworking tools is the TABLE SAW.
When it comes to versatility in actually making things out of wood, the table saw has no match. It has raw power, precision, consistency, convenience and durability. A good quality, cast iron table saw is amazingly affordable, considering all one can do with it.
Through-out the coming days and weeks, I'm going to offer what knowledge I have on many types of projects and the tools and operations involved in their making. There will be small projects, easily made for people other-wise employed who love to do this sort of thing for the fun of it and the benefit of their quality of life in respect, expecially, to the physical improvement and adornamentation of their living spaces. There will also be a more practical series of instructions for the use of the many hand, power, bench, and floor tools in use today in the related areas of construction that, I believe, will really help people avoid mishaps and more easily attain expertise. I also want to be an asset to those who are employed professionally at this type of work. Certainly not the final word, or in dispute with other instructors or supervisors or employers, and not infallible. But, an asset in additiion to that.
I am making and editing images daily to aid in this goal, and I believe that I will get faster and better at this as time goes by. I want this to be a blessing to everyone who visits here. I hope I can help enough so that many who might give up in frustration, will instead complete what they want to do, and have so much satisfaction that they continue to develop their skills with many projects to follow. I very much would like to save hands and eyes and other precious things from loss or injury. I have, in my time, had some injuries, but all-in-all, have been very fortunate. There have been some very close calls for me, and I have witnessed some terrible accidents throughout the years. Visit with me often, friend, and as safely as I know how to inform you, in just a little while, there will be much here that you will enjoying knowing!

<< Home